Foundational Skills for Preceptor Development
Location: Online Webinar Series
Dates/Times: Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 7:30 AM MDT -to- Thursday, November 19, 2020 at 8:30 AM MST
Preceptors from a variety of disciplines are crucial in preparing students for jobs in the real world. This series offers introductory skills for clinicians who currently teach or are interested in teaching students in their clinics.
Click here to sign up and the registration fee is $25.
3RNet Academy 2020 – Recruiting for Retention Hierarchy: Strategic Marketing Using Candidate Motivations
Dates: October 6 – December 15, 2020
CCHN is excited to announce a new partnership with 3RNET to provide Colorado CHCs with additional resources to assist with their recruitment and retention starting October 6, 2020. “Recruiting for Retention Hierarchy: Strategically Market Using Candidate Motivations” is a six-part webinar series focused on recruitment and retention for staff serving rural and underserved populations. Through this series CHCs will receive access to live 90-minute webinars featuring national experts on rural/underserved retention which includes the ability to ask questions to other Academy attendees and 3RNet members via the Academy listserv. The sessions include:
- 1. October 6: Recruiting for Retention Hierarchy: Using Candidate Motivations to Strategically Market
- 2. October 20: Combating Isolation in Rural and Underserved Recruiting
- 3. November 3: Compensation Trends for Providers – Balancing Financial and Lifestyle Needs
- 4. November 17: Avoiding Burnout through a Managed Scope of Practice
- 5. December 1: Recruiting for Team Based Care in Rural and Underserved Communities
- 6. December 15: Building Support for your Recruitment Efforts at the Local Level
Click here to learn more and register for this training. Use the Coupon Code: “CCHN” to gain FREE access.
Nurse Preceptor Training
Dates: October 7 – November 4, 2020
The Colorado Center for Nursing Excellence is offering a free, five-week training for primary care nurses who will be or are currently precepting students. The training will be Wednesdays, 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. The sessions include:
- 1. October 7: Why Precept
- 2. October 15: Nuts and Bolts
- 3. October 21: The Use of Questions
- 4. October 28: Communicating with Students
- 5. November 4: Student Feedback and Evaluations
Click here to learn more and register for this training.
Virtual 2020 Uniform Data System (UDS) Training
Location: Online Training Series
Dates and Times: October 26 and 28; November 2 and 4 (9:30-11:00 am MT)
The Uniform Data System (UDS) training is a program designed for people of all levels of prior UDS experience and covers all aspects of the 2020 UDS Report. Participants of this training will gain an understanding of reporting the UDS, learn about the new measures and requirements included in 2020 reporting, and learn tips for success including strategies for submission. The annual training will be conducted virtually in a series of four trainings. Below is an overview of what will be covered at each session. Please note this is just a draft agenda and the topics are subject to change.
- 1. October 26 – Overview of the UDS; high-level review of 2020 changes; impact of COVID-19; top concerns; introducing and identifying patients and visits; patient demographic tables (ZIP Code table, Tables 3A, 3B, 4)
- 2. October 28 – Table 5: staffing, visits, and integrated services on the selected service addendum; Table 6A: selected diagnoses and services
- 3. November 2 – Tables 6B and 7: clinical quality measure reporting; Table 8A: costs
- 4. November 4 – Table 9D: patient-related revenue; Table 9E: other revenue; Forms: health information technology, other data elements, workforce training; tips for success; Q&A
Click here to register. You only need to register once to attend all the sessions. There is no cost to attend. Questions can be sent to Kim Moyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Basics of CHC Medicaid Reimbursement
CCHN Web Resource
CCHN staff have developed a series of short, web-based trainings on the basics of CHC cost reporting and reimbursement in Colorado Medicaid. These were developed at the request of CCHN Board members and provide a great overview of how things work in our state. The trainings are not meant to supplant expertise in fiscal management or coding and billing, but they will help orient staff to how CHCs are reimbursed differently and the regulatory basis is for that reimbursement. The trainings include the background of PPS, the difference between PPS and APM, Change in Scope, and the definition of an Encounter. All recordings, downloadable slides, and additional resources can be accessed here.
CCHN Webinar Archive
CCHN cultivates a robust training archive that contains all webinars produced through various partnerships and collaborations such as CCHN and CHAMPS Lunchtime Learning Professional Development and Outreach & Enrollment Distance Learning Series. Click here to access the webinar archive.