Growing, strengthening, and sustaining Community Health Centers
CCHN provides direct assistance to existing Community Health Centers (CHCs) and to Colorado communities exploring the CHC model. The Health Center Operations Division (HCOPS) leads these efforts by providing services focused on three main areas:
Health Center Operations:
- • Technical assistance and resources on compliance, pharmacy programs, medical malpractice insurance, HIPAA, capital expansions, and various other operational services.
- • Support CHC administrative staff through peer groups.
- • Advanced analyses of the Uniform Data System (UDS), Statewide Strategic Growth Planning (SSGP) reports, and other state/federal data reports.
- • Offering access to group purchasing opportunities that provide discounts around lab services and supplies.
Health Center Workforce Development Activities:
- • Strengthen the existing CHC workforce and build a competent and committed future workforce through technical assistance, trainings for CHC staff, and efforts to present about CHCs as employers.
- • Support CHC Human Resource directors for the recruitment and retention of a qualified workforce and staff development opportunities.
- • Provide information about and access to scholarships, loan repayment, and continuing education resources to CHC staff.
- • Collect and analyze data on salaries, benefits, and turnover at CHCs.
Health Center Community Development Activities:
- • Ensure understanding of the requirements of the CHC model by both existing CHCs and communities interested in the model.
- • Strengthen and grow existing CHCs by supporting development staff and sharing funding opportunities, needs assessment data, grant reviews, and other opportunities to allow for expanding services and capital improvements.
- • Provide technical assistance and resources to communities and organizations interested in exploring and/or pursuing the CHC model.
For more information on CCHN’s operations and development work, please contact:
Suzanne Smith, Health Center Operations Division Director
Sarah Macrander, Training and Technical Assistance Manager
Kim Moyer, Health Center Data and Operations Manager
Shannon Connell, Workforce Specialist