Colorado Community Health Network (CCHN) has been awarded a grant from the Komen Denver Metropolitan Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® to provide breast cancer screening to underinsured or uninsured patients at Community Health Centers (CHCs). Since the grant inception in 1999, the CHCs have provided 9,221 patients with breast cancer screenings. CCHN's role in this grant is to provide coaching, technical assistance, training, advocacy, support, and evaluation to CHCs.
To qualify for this grant the patient must meet the following criteria:
- Women ages 40-64
- Women younger than 40 years of age with a high risk for breast cancer, who had symptoms of breast cancer, or who had a prior diagnosis of breast cancer
- Men with an abnormal Clinical Breast Exam.
- Must have an income <250% federal poverty level
- Have established a medical home with a participating CHC
- Not qualify for any other programs that offer breast cancer screenings such as Women Wellness Connection (WWC), Medicaid, or Medicare.
The participating Community Health Centers are:
- Clinica Family Health Center
- Metro Community Provider Network
- Mountain Family Health Centers
- Plains Medical Center
- Salud Family Health Centers
- Sunrise Community Health Centers.
Susan G. Komen Denver Metropolitan Affiliate 2011-2012 Grant Recipients & Resource List
Komen Denver Metropolitan Affiliate Website
For more information, please contact Paula Davis.